I have noticed a trend recently, and this is obviously the pre-expansion slump, where no one is logging in for anything. Raiding has ground to a halt, no one is doing dailies (which has been especially nice since I was grinding out Skyguard reputation until just yesterday) and in nearly every other way the game seems almost completely dead.
With that in mind, I figured I would revisit a topic from about a month ago about what I wanted to get done before the expansion. Here’s an update:
- (DONE) Tighten up our Zul’Aman speed run group and get a War Bear. This was already done when I first made the post, but it was something I really, really, really wanted to accomplish. After I got my bear, we succeeded in getting another three for other members of our group, which I felt really good about. These guys have been busting their asses for months trying to get things tightened up enough and voila, we did it.
- (DONE) Kill Illidan. Kill him dead. Illidan has been vanquished by Starfish Lovesong and it was amazing seeing him die. Unforutneatly we have no kill shot because his body despawned right as we were about to finish up, but Polgera got her healing T6 chestpiece which she was stoked about. Good job to all of you Starfish!
- (DONE) Drop Mining and pick up Blacksmithing, then level it to 375. I’ll be honest with you, I didn’t really get it all of the way to 375, just 360. I stopped leveling when I learned that it would be possible to level all profressions from 350+ using Wrath mats, not to mention I didn’t want to shell out the gold for 70 Primal Waters, 60 Primal Fires and 500-ish Fel Iron Bars. Even with the pre-expansion auction house crash, I wasn’t interested in investing that much gold into 15 points.
- Expand the ‘blog. I’m not exactly sure if I’ve accomplish this or not, I’ll leave it up to you guys to decide.
Overall, I think I’ve been doing really well. Have you accomplished everything you wanted to get done?
Popularity: 8% [?]
When the release date of Wrath of the Lich King was announced the first thing I thought was “awesome, so much new content!” and the second thing I thought was “oh crap I have so much to do”. Goals are important for all facets of life, but let me share with you my own goals that I want to get done before the expansion hits.
- (DONE) Tighten up our Zul’Aman speed run group and get a War Bear. This has already been accomplished and it was an amazing feeling when we got it done. The fact that I won the Need roll was awesome, I won’t lie, but finally completing the run was worth more than the mount. We have about two more resets of ZA before half of our speed run group leaves for BlizzCon and we’re going to make full use of that to get another two mounts in our guild.
- (DONE) Kill Illidan. Kill him dead. I, along with all of the other raiders in my guild, want to see this guy laying on the ground. We are so close and with the changes coming in 3.0 this really is a possibility for us! We have come such a long way and I know we can do this.
- (DONE) Drop Mining and pick up Blacksmithing, then level it to 375. I have spent the good part of the last three months using my mining skill simply as way to make money. Engineering has been maxed for nearly as long as I can remember so I’d make multiple passes of Nagrand a day for mote clouds and mining nodes. No longer! WIth everything I’ve seen of Blacksmithing in the expansion, this is definately a bandwagon I was to jump on. I have a more comprehensive post on Blacksmithing coming up, stay tuned!
- Expand the ‘blog. This has numerous sub-goals within it including: not slowing down in posting, getting my link out there to more sites, getting Polgera to post more often and keeping up with the new content. I really hope people enjoy reading my blog as much as I enjoy writing it.
What are your goals for Wrath of the Lich King?
Popularity: 4% [?]